Just wanted to show you what we got up to on our recent Stamp Pad retreat at The Huntsman near Holmfirth.
Here are all the lovely ladies who attended and we all had a fantastic weekend packed with craft, good company, good food and great fun.
This is one of the projects we made.
|A Vintage Frame|
We created a really cool paint effect using acrylic paint, Distress stains, Rock Candy Distress crackle and mica sprays. I've tried to take a close up so you can see the finish better.
We used lots of techniques to create a shabby chic kind of look and the project was intended to feature an ancestor - this is my great aunt and is a gorgeous vintage photograph.
In this picture below, you can see the flowers we created using the Spellbinders Spiral Blossom die, along with a Prima flower and a Marianne foliage spray. There are some Marianne flowers which we coloured with Antique Linen distress stain, the bobbin is wrapped with French lace and there are a few buttons there too. We used quite a few Alterations dies: flourishes, the tailor's dummy, the clock, vintage findings and these were coloured with Distress inks, stains or embossed with distress powders, to create a variety of finishes. The whole piece is pulled together with a background of scrunched and inked Prima Madelaine paper.
And here's the mannequin decorated with some of the Madelaine paper and Marianne's netted flowers, again coloured with antique linen.
What I loved about making this project was that everyone's was different by the time they were finished. We offered different colour finishes for the frame and some of them almost looked like tortoiseshell. using walnut stain and mushroom paint with vintage photo distress stain. Some of the photographs evoked very special memories too and it was lovely to hear the stories behind them.
Hope you like it. Bye for now, back with more from the retreat soon.